Founded in: 1812
Headquarters in: New York City, New York
CitiBank is a banking and financial services firm based in New York, USA. The company was founded in 1812 as Citibank of New York and has a presence in 19 countries. The bank has undergone a series of mergers and acquisitions since its early days to emerge as the Citibank of today. Presently, it is a part of the conglomerate known as the CitiGroup.
CitiBank FX Solutions
CitiBank provides its forex solutions via CitiFX. Like most other liquidity providers, CitiBank’s forex solutions are provided in the areas of trading technology as well as prime brokerage.
CitiBank has a wide array of forex trading technology which enables its clients to get access to the forex markets, trading a wide array of forex products. The platforms provided by Citibank’s CitiFX offering include the following:
- CitiFX Velocity Trading, which is a new trading platform built specifically for institutional clients. Released in 2012, Citi Velocity trading boasts of fast trade execution, ease of use as well as access to trade more than 100 currency pairs.
- CitiFX Pulse is a source of real-time market access to various forex products such as FX spot, FX forwards, non-deliverable forwards (NDF) and forex swap pricing in more than 400 currency pairs. This is a multi-product platform which provides price aggregation from more than 80 sources and provides round-the-globe coverage of the major forex trading hubs of London, New York, and Sydney. It also provides news, research and risk management resources.
- Using the CitiFX Intelligent Orders platform, traders can implement algorithmic execution strategies across a range of markets.
- CitiFX Benchmark: provides executions of forex spot, forward, and swap transactions on a time-based basis.
- CitiFX Instant FX: Offers businesses the opportunity to buy forex for overseas and online transactions and hedge against currency market fluctuations.
As a Prime Broker
CitiBank offers its prime brokerage solution using CitiFX Prime, a leading global prime brokerage trading platform. CitiFX Prime offers flexible but extensive access to the forex market. CitiFX Prime serves more than 100 clients across the world with CitiFX’s prime brokerage offering using an assortment of electronic dealing portals. Using this technology, traders are assured that their trades and positions will remain confidential. This 24-hour service operates from Citibank’s offices in London, New York and Singapore, providing round the clock coverage of all major forex trading zones.
CitiBank also provides reporting tools for its traders using the CitiFX Click platform. This is a real-time, post-trade reporting platform which allows traders to get post-trade reporting on-demand. Clients can view their trade and portfolio information for spot, forwards, NDFs, FX futures and swaps. Other information accessible on this platform include historical transaction reports, value dates and cash flows by currency pairs as well as dynamic trade alerts and various infographics.